Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Color Orange


While in Milan for the photo shoot, we took a day trip to Florence to visit the Ufizi Gallery and to see what was hot in fashion on the streets. http://www.uffizi.com/ ORANGE, ORANGE, ORANGE
On our last trip to Italy in November of '05, we noticed people wearing the color orange everywhere we went. I was so struck with the color that I even bought an orange pair of pants which is quite a stretch for me since I wear a combination of black,white, blue typically. This year, not only are people wearing orange, the color is being used in store displays as well as furniture and accessories. We even saw a wine/champagne bar that was completely orange. It even used the fruit as a prop outside the on the sidewalk. I've not seen a lot of orange here in the States yet and I'm really not sure if we will. It seems to be something that fits the Euro model much better. We did notice that the color purple, in all shades - from a lavender to a deep purple seemed to be cropping up in store displays and shirts, both men and women.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home